The wonderful Ariel Gordon shares her Fruit Share experience.
The following is a message from Jeff Shwaluk. If you would like to help him with his mission, contact him at email@example.com.
Hello, I own a couple of properties and currently only have raspberries that I transplanted from my hometown farm. I planted them at the front fence for everybody walking by to help themselves.
They all love them so much but they spread so slowly and I was hoping to expand into a wide variety of non-GMO local fruits. I could plant them at edge of properties where people in need could help themselves.
Lately we’ve been receiving queries from people wondering how to find a pick in their area. Applesauce for the freezer is a wonderful thing!
So here is how to do it.
- Click on the tab that says “Volunteer Pickers”.
- Follow the instructions there to register.
- Read the email you will receive with a list of available picks.
- Follow the instructions to register for a pick. Now that it’s mostly apples, you will undoubtedly find one.
- Show up at the appointed time and pick yourself some apples!
- Drop some off at a charity to make your heart feel even better.
Have fun and thanks for helping rescue backyard fruit! That is what Fruit Share is all about.