Nothing says spring time like a fresh strawberry spinach salad. Here’s a straight forward version that will complement any dinner.
Another amazing recipe from the new Prairie Fruit Cookbook.
Strawberry Spinach Salad
A perfect recipe to showcase the first strawberries and spinach of the season. To make a more meal-like salad, consider adding chevre, red onions, avocado or chicken strips.
Serves: Makes 4 servings
- 8 cups Spinach
- 2 cups Strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup Toasted Almonds, sliced
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Strawberry Jam
- to taste Salt
- to taste Pepper
- Toss spinach, strawberries and almonds in salad bowl.
- For the vinaigrette, pour all ingredients in a screw top jar and shake vigorously to create a smooth, thick dressing. Or, whisk vinegar, mustard, jam, salt and pepper until combined and slowly add oil while whisking constantly.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as required.
- Drizzle over salad and toss.