If you own a dehydrator, this is a great way to use up any leftover vegetables!
- About 2 cups any vegetables (a mixture of carrots with the green tops, lettuce, onion, celery and sugar snap peas is nice), chopped.
- 1 clove minced garlic.
- 1 tbsp ground flax.
- 1/4 tsp each crushed red pepper and cumin.
1) Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until well-mixed. The more finely you chop your ingredients before putting them in the food processor bowl, the easier it will be to mix them!
2) Spoon onto parchment paper on the dehydrator tray and smooth over so that they are about 2 inches across. They should be spread very thinly (you should get between 10 and 15 crackers).
3) Dehydrate for anywhere between seven and 12 hours, flipping partway through. They should be very crispy. Serve with hummus.
Note: These crackers are quite spicy, so if you want a milder flavour, go easy on the crushed red pepper!