We love when our volunteers share recipes with us! Thank you, Naomi!
Crab Apple Banana Jerky
- 2 cups crushed banana
- 5 cups crab apples
- Cut away the crab apples and discard the core.
- Boil the crab apple pieces in 1 cup water about 30 minutes, until soft.
- Puree apples in a blender. Add the bananas, blend.
- Place puree about ¼ inch thick on food dryer leather trays (or use parchment paper); dry for about 12 hours, or until crispy; break into chips.
- If you have very tart crab apples, use a higher ratio of bananas. If you have small hard crab apples that are difficult to cut, parboil them first to make them easier to slice and remove the core.