– Cinnamon and sugar (optional)
Remove the core and slice the apples into any shape you like (rings are popular, but with smaller apples it is easier to simply slice them). Arrange on the dehydrator tray and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar if desired. Dehydrate for 7 – 10 hours.
– 12 Goodland apples (about 15 crab apples or 8 eating apples), cored and quartered
– Any combination of the following:
- 2 tbsp applesauce or apple cider
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp each nutmeg and ginger
- 1/3 cup raisins
– Walnuts, sunflower seeds, or other nuts and seeds (if desired)
Process apple chunks in a food processor or blender until there are only smaller pieces left. Add all other ingredients except nuts/seeds and mix well. Smooth mixture onto dehydrator tray and sprinkle with nuts and seeds, if desired. Dehydrate about 8 – 12 hours. Break into smaller pieces and enjoy.