Here is another of Katie Anderson’s great recipes. You can find the dough recipe here.
Katie's Apple Pie
Serves: 1 pie
- 1 lb Pie Dough (that's enough for a top and bottom)
- 1 lb Apples
- 3 oz Sugar
- 0.7 oz Cornstarch
- 0.25 tsp Salt
- 0.5 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 0.5 oz Butter, melted
- Peel apples, optional.
- Slice and core the apples. Remove any brown/damaged bits.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Toss apples with lemon juice.
- Add butter to apples. Mix.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Toss dry ingredients in with apples. Mix well.
- Pour filling into frozen pie shell.
- Place dough top on top. Crimp edges.
- Cut vent holes.
- Bake in preheated oven, at 350F for 45-60 minutes.
- Pie is baked when centre is bubbling and crust is golden brown.