Thanks again to Naomi for sharing her delicious recipes! This is a great recipe for those who have excessive quantities of both crabapples and zucchini.
Crabapple Zucchini Crisp
- 2 cups chopped crabapples, cores removed (I leave the skin on; parboil first if too hard to slice)
- 2 cups chopped zucchini, skin and seeds removed
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup quick oats
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine ingredients for the filling and set aside. In another bowl, mix together ingredients for the topping.
- Spread the filling in an 8x8 pan and add crumbly topping. Double the recipe if using a 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes and serve warm. Enjoy!