Check out our new, up to date guide to donating fruit in Winnipeg – hot off the press! Sharing the Harvest 2012
We’ve recently added a whole bunch of new charitable organizations and other community groups to our list of places that would love to receive excess fruit. Here is an updated list, with addresses, for a quick reference. Just click on the name of the charity to go to find out more information about what they do and how you can donate.
- Union Gospel Mission – 320 Princess St.
- Agape Table Inc. – 175 Colony St.
- Teen Challenge Central Canada – 414 Edmonton Street
- Forward House Ministries – 407 Chalmers Ave.
- Winnipeg Harvest – 1085 Winnipeg Avenue
- The Salvation Army Booth Centre – 180 Henry Avenue
- Resource Assistance for Youth (RaY) – 125 Sherbrook Street
Yet another organization doing great work that would be happy to receive donations of excess fruit.
North Point Douglas Women’s Centre
North Point Douglas Women’s Centre exists to create opportunities for women to develop their potential and engage fully as citizens of their community. Their vision is a safe, healthy, vibrant community for women and families in which all forms of violence against women are addressed by engaging the community in prevention and care.
Donated fruit would be eaten fresh and used for programming in their community kitchen or cooking programs or given out to women as emergency food.
221 Austin Street.