This is a fantastic, nutritious way to use up all that rhubarb you harvested! It’s also a very simple and easy recipe to follow, and one which you can adapt according to what ingredients you have at your disposal. After a rhubarb harvest a few weeks ago, I chopped the rhubarb up into little pieces and then tossed it in the freezer. When I was ready to make a crumble, I took it out and didn’t even worry about defrosting it. The result of this concoction was a delicious, delicately-sweetened crumble that you can enjoy for breakfast or as dessert.
We recommend using local ingredients where possible.
– Enough frozen rhubarb and strawberries to cover an 8-inch Pyrex dish.
– 3 tbsp sugar + 1 extra tbsp sugar.
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.
– 1/4 cup spelt flour
– 1.5 cups oats
– A few tbsp butter
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine rhubarb, strawberries, 3 tbsp sugar and vanilla in the Pyrex dish.
3. Combine the other 1 tbsp sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and butter in a separate bowl until the mixture is nice and crumbly. Add more butter or sugar if desired.
4. Sprinkle the crumble mixture over top of the fruit. There will likely be a little bit too much, so you can either reserve part of it to spoon over a mini crumble, or just munch it straight from the bowl 😉
5. Bake in the oven for about an hour, or until it is hot all the way through and bubbling. Enjoy!
Please email email@example.com with any recipes you have!